Thursday, January 7, 2010

Hawaiian Sling

Here is the start of a custom order. This one gets to go to Hawaii with it's new owner.
She wanted something colorful and fun. Of course I had to make the interior as fun as the exterior! This material is an upholstery fabric by the Robert Allen Group. Looooove it!
I'll add a big divided pocket on one side of the lining........
& of course there will be a nice large zipper pocket on the other side.

I love adding detail.....even small ones; like this coordinating piping.

All finished and ready to go to Hawaii....lucky bag!



7 comments:

  1. That is a super cute bag! Nice job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lori~ It was so fun putting it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fabric and the details. I can hardly wait to pick it up. Thanks Marilyn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mary! I know you're going to have a ton of fun in the sun! I'd love to get a picture of you and your new bag during your Hawaiian visit....enjoy, and thanks again for your order!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that ukulele music I hear????...and won't the hibiscus' be jealous of the pretty colored sling honing in on their territory? Great job Marilyn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Creating with such beautiful fabric is like spending time in a summer garden....what a treat on cloudy rainy winter days?

    ReplyDelete