Sunday, June 20, 2010

Farmers Market

Yesterday was the kick off for the 17 week run of the Maple Valley Farmers Market
I was there. I was a vendor. It was my first......
my very first time to have my very own "store" at a farmers market. The weather forecast for opening day was ominous. I was picturing myself putting up my tent in the pouring down Seattle rain....ugh!! Yes, it did rain; but not until 30 minutes before closing. Thank goodness for that! Thank goodness for the power of prayer!
Here's my little store (wish I could have had a space heater...burrr)

This is my friend Margaret and her daughter Kindra (trying to keep her hands warm with her Maui sweatshirt). Kindra brought her pretty handmade earrings & pendants. I bought my 2nd pair of earrings from her that day...LOVE them!
Take a look at Margaret's art glass on the web http://www.classonglass.biz/ beautiful!!









































Ahhhh....the flowers!
I'm so glad all the vendors that were there, were brave enough to come out despite the weather conditions.....and a BIG THANK YOU for all you shoppers that came to support the Maple Valley Farmers Market!

No comments:

Post a Comment