Tuesday, December 8, 2009

**Christmas Village**

I'm obsessed. I've kinda, sorta thought that about me for a long time, but now I know it's true. It's 7AM, and I'm already needing a second latte'. You see, I was up late last night putting up our Christmas Village. My wonderful husband hauled out the large & heavy table (he made it for me years ago...) up in one corner of my kitchen. That's where it's made its home for the past 15+ years.
I've been working on some custom bags on order, but knew I had to put the Village together, and I needed a break from the sewing room. Besides......It's a tradition. It's cute. It's Christmas. It takes FOREVER. But, I need to have it up for our clinic's party this Friday. Doug worked on the Christmas tree lights in the family room while I hummed along with the Christmas songs on the radio, tripping over boxes, tripping over Frosty (my dog), and thinking "gosh, I could probably finish this in the morning"...but then the obsessed part of me would kick in. Now it's midnight. Finally finished. Clean up boxes. Vacuum floating Styrofoam. Yippee, I can go to bed! That's when I turn around and see the kitchen sink. Nope. Gotta clean up the dishes before bed. Can't stand to see my kitchen in the morning with dirty dishes! Yup, obsessed.

So, what are YOUR obsessions?



Now, into the family room to decorate the Christmas Tree!







2 comments:

  1. We are soooooo alike. Notice the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to know where you get those lattes, they must be very stimulating...? And the question is are they called Lates after a certain hour? I am crazy about old Christmas movies and specials watched with someone else who enjoys them too and laughs, sighs, and cries at all the right times. Have a great time at your party...be a Mary not a Martha, enjoy your guests and let the kitchen go. I love you sweet girl!!

    ReplyDelete