Sunday, October 4, 2009

Mixing Paint & Fabric

I brought out my fabric paints to see how my brush strokes would react to the pile of a micro fiber fabric......
I played around with free hand strokes, stencils and the combo.
After many trial and errors, I chose a black micro fiber fabric, a design and then base painted with a beautiful metallic sunset gold color. I highlighted the gold with a russet red. So fun!

Here's my final product. A pretty little clutch with an antique gold frame and chain. It's hard to see the russet highlighting in this picture, but I love the way it turned out! Click on the picture for a closer look.
Here's a peek inside. Of course I chose a red fabric for the lining........
You'll be able to see it in person at one of my craft shows next month.

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!!!!How beautiful is that? Your items reflect the love you have for what you create, go girl! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you going to list a calendar with times and places of your shows?

    ReplyDelete